At Mission Waco Youth Program, we strive to:
After School Program:
Monday-Thursday from 4:15-6:30 at the Mission Waco Youth Center.
Transportation available from the following schools:
♦Carver Middle School
♦Tennyson Middle School
♦Indian Spring Middle School (School Bus Route)
♦Rappaport Academy on Elm
♦Waco High School
- ♦Academic Time: Youth are given specific times to do their homework or enrichment activities for math and literacy.
- ♦SAT ACT Tutoring: We offer SAT prep, tutoring, and general skills to help Jrs and Srs prepare for college.
- ♦Elective Classes: The youth are offered a variety of classes every semester, such as:
- ◊Urban Expressions Art Class with Erin Adams, Director at Mission Waco Urban Expressions
- ◊Jubilee Theatre Drama Class with Afton Foreman, Director at Jubilee Theatre
- ◊Individual Music Lessons: Cello, Piano, and Guitar are currently available for select youth through our Creative Arts.
- ◊STEM (Science Tech Engineering Math) with Suzi Elnaggar
- ◊Book Clubs
- ◊Bear Adventures with Stephanie Davis, Staff at Baylor Outdoors
- ♦Free Time: Our youth spend time together shooting pool, playing basketball or video games, and fun activities. ♦Bible Study: Every week, youth have a Bible study lead by leaders from Baylor Urban Missions.
- ♦Service: Saturdays from 10am -12pm our youth run a Kings Club at a local apartment complex. Other volunteering includes Friends for Life, Nursing Homes, and Capital Food Bank, at different times throughout the year.
Our Summer program is Monday-Thursday at the Mission Waco Youth Center.
During the summer, we do lots of field trips and activities, to help our youth develop life-long friendships in a caring, supervised environment.
Call or Email to put your child on the waiting list!