Interning at Mission Waco Mission World provides a unique opportunity to develop a Christ and kingdom centered view of leadership. We aim to develop interns in their capacity to build relationships within a diverse community and to increase compassion toward the poor and marginalized. Interns are presented with real-world challenges and will gain a broader understanding of systemic issues of social injustices while working collaboratively to address those issues. While interning with Mission Waco Mission World interns are stretched in their faith and are changed by the relationships that are created.
Summer Leadership & Service Ambassador Program
The application process is now closed for SLSA Summer 2022. If you are interested in interning with us this summer as a General Intern (non-paid), please reach out to Bailie Rouse ([email protected]).
The Summer Leadership and Service Ambassador (SLSA) program is a new 9 week long internship program (June 1, 2022 – August 2, 2022) focused on Christian Community Development principles through service learning in Mission Waco programs and enhancement opportunities.
- Ambassadors will be designated to serve in one of our five service ambassador positions that concentrates on a specific community development area including Children’s Programs, Social Services, Youth Programs, Environmental Justice, and Groups Mobilization.
- Ambassadors will be engaged a total of 35 hours per week for 9 weeks. $1800 total is available for the summer: 25 hours of work per week for 9 weeks. Each Ambassador will also engage in 10 hours of non-paid participation in enhancement opportunities including educational content, community building, weekly forums focused on urban ministry issues, book discussions and learning goals.
- Please first complete the inquiry form! Then a Mission Waco staff member will contact you to discuss the application process further.
- SLSA applications and references requested by March 15, 2022.
Click each program area for more information on each position!
Mission Waco Mission World offers a range of internships including Academic & Non-Academic internship opportunities. All interested individuals who would like to intern with us should complete the following steps:
- Complete the Intern Inquiry form to let us know you are interested or for more information email [email protected].
- Fill out a formal application. This will be sent after you have completed the initial inquiry form. Read the application carefully as it provides more information.
- Selected applicants must participate in an interview (Zoom interviews can be arranged as needed) after applying.
- Summer Internship applications (general internships; non-SLSA) are requested by March 31st (the sooner, the better) to consider everyone fully.
- If you are interested in fall or spring internships, contact us ([email protected]) for more info.
Supervision for internships to fulfill academic requirements can be arranged as needed throughout the calendar year. We have supervised interns in numerous academic disciplines, including social work, seminary/theology/missions, community organizing, economic development, public health, youth, child and family studies and more. For academic internships, you will need to submit a copy of your syllabus and internship requirements to Bailie Rouse ([email protected]).
We also welcome individuals to come volunteer for personal development in a more committed capacity as an intern. These can be offered on a part time or full time basis. For any questions please, email Bailie Rouse.
“I encourage you to intern at Mission Waco Mission World because it is challenging, eye-opening, and provides practical ways to get involved. It will stretch you and draw you closer to the Lord. You will get to know Waco, get familiar with a good organization and grow in understanding the Kingdom of God.”
“You will have an opportunity to be placed in a community that over time you will begin to love. You will learn more about yourself than you expect. You can grow and learn in Christ while impacting people’s lives along the way. It’s just the best!”