Interning at Mission Waco Mission World provides a unique opportunity to develop a Christ and kingdom centered view of leadership. We aim to develop interns in their capacity to build relationships within a diverse community and to increase compassion toward the poor and marginalized. Interns are presented with real-world challenges and will gain a broader understanding of systemic issues of social injustices while working collaboratively to address those issues. While interning with Mission Waco Mission World interns are stretched in their faith and are changed by the relationships that are created.
Summer Leadership & Service Ambassador Program
May 31 – July 28, 2023
The Summer Leadership and Service Ambassador (SLSA) program is a 9 week long internship focused on Christian Community Development principles through service learning in Mission Waco programs and enhancement opportunities.
- Ambassadors will serve in one of our five program areas: Children’s Programs, Social Services, Youth Programs, Environmental Justice, and Groups Mobilization.
- Ambassadors will engage in 25 paid hours per week, along with 10 hours of unpaid participation in enhancement opportunities. $1800 total is available for the summer.
- Application to come! Email Bailie Rouse if you are interested in applying!
- SLSA applications and references requested by March 3, 2022.
Click each program area for more information on each position!
Mission Waco Mission World offers a range of internships including Academic & Non-Academic internship opportunities. All interested individuals who would like to intern with us should complete the following steps:
- Complete the Intern Inquiry form to let us know you are interested or for more information email [email protected].
- Fill out a formal application. This will be sent after you have completed the initial inquiry form. Read the application carefully as it provides more information.
- Selected applicants must participate in an interview after applying.
- General summer internships (non-SLSA) are requested by March 31st to consider everyone fully.
- If you are interested in fall or spring internships, contact us ([email protected]) for more info.
Supervision for internships to fulfill academic requirements can be arranged as needed throughout the calendar year. We have supervised interns in numerous academic disciplines, including social work, seminary/theology/missions, community organizing, economic development, public health, youth, child and family studies and more. For academic internships, you will need to submit a copy of your syllabus and internship requirements to Bailie Rouse ([email protected]).
We also welcome individuals to come volunteer for personal development in a more committed capacity as an intern. These can be offered on a part time or full time basis. For any questions please, email Bailie Rouse.
“I encourage you to intern at Mission Waco Mission World because it is challenging, eye-opening, and provides practical ways to get involved. It will stretch you and draw you closer to the Lord. You will get to know Waco, get familiar with a good organization and grow in understanding the Kingdom of God.”
“An internship with Mission Waco is unlike anything you will do. You will be pushed, stretched, grown, and celebrated in ways you have never experienced. You will have the highest highs and the lowest lows, all while breaking down barriers you did not know you had, creating relationships you did not think were possible, and learning to love like Jesus, all in a day’s work.”